Our Responsibility to the Planet
As a leading provider home building materials, Johnson Madison has a responsibility to the environment and, in particular, to the world's forests. We recognize our ability to influence supply and demand in the global marketplace, and we use this ability to promote green building supplies and positive environmental stewardship throughout the forestry sector. Johnson Madison fully supports those responsible forest management practices that promote sustainability and result in long-term economic and environmental benefit.
JM’s Environmental Partners
When sourcing products to stock and sell, we give preference to companies who practice and encourage sustainable forest management. We recognize that there are a variety of different, credible sustainable forestry management systems in place throughout North America and the World.
- The American Tree Farm System and other similar programs encourage and promote forestry excellence on non-industrial private forestlands
- The Canadian Standards Association promotes sustainable forestry practices on large private and government-owned forests in Canada
- The Sustainable Forestry Initiative program promotes the practice of sustainable forestry on all lands, regardless of size or ownership, and recognizes the importance of landowner outreach and landowner education in achieving a broad commitment to wise forest use. Integrated with an independent third-party review, SFISM results in a credible process
- The Forest Stewardship Council program is designed to reduce tropical deforestation and promote well-managed forests in developing countries
- The Pan European Forest Certification System has demonstrated a commitment to sustainable forestry on lands in Europe
Marine Toys for Tots Foundation, an IRS recognized 501(c)(3) not-for-profit public charity is the fund raising, funding and support organization for the U. S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program. The Foundation was created at the behest of the U. S. Marine Corps and provides support in accordance with a Memorandum of Understanding with the Commander, Marine Forces Reserve, who directs the U. S. Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Program. The Foundation has supported Toys for Tots since 1991. Johnson Madison proudly donates items to our Great Falls Marine Corps Reserve Toys for Tots Auction.
Habitat for Humanity is a nonprofit, ecumenical Christian housing ministry seeking to eliminate poverty housing and homelessness from the world and to make decent shelter a matter of conscience and action. Johnson Madison provides material support to Habitat for Humanity in our Great Falls community and takes great pride in donating to the Habitat for Humanity ReStore.